Welcome to Nakshatra Software Training
Cognos Training Institute in vijayawada
Course Duration : 30 Hrs
Cognos is the leading supplier of business intelligence solutions that optimize the efficiency of the world’s most successful and largest organizations. Business intelligence is a category of technologies and applications for assembling, analyzing, storing, reporting on, and giving access to data to facilitate enterprise users take superior business decisions. It’s the prime developer of business intelligence software. They are biggest dealer of tools of business intelligence globally, and the company name is acknowledged as a leader in the field of BI reporting. This BI tool constantly adds direct context to business-driving details, supporting decisions and building enterprises further agile. It contributes to more than 17,000 clients in 120 countries worldwide.
Cognos Course Content
- Introduction to Data warehousing?
- Introduction to Business Intelligence?
- Who needs Data warehousing?
- Why Data warehousing is required?
- Data warehousing Architecture
- Differ OLTP & OLAP?
- Data Mart –Need ,Advantages
- ETL - Process
- What is a Dimension?
- What are Facts?
- Star Schema?
- Snowflake Schema?
- Dimension Modeling?
- Slowly changing Dimensions?
- Conformed Dimension?
Cognos 8 BI
The entire Training will be on COGNOS 10 comparing with older version (Cognos 8.4)
About Cognos 10 BI
- Cognos Suit walk through
- Cognos Features, Need & Importance.
- Walk through elements on the screen
- Manage Folders(Public & My folders)
- How to Connect to different Data Source
- Import and Export of Package(Deployment)
- Set up Scheduling of Reports
Frame Work Manager
- Introduction about Frame work Manager
- Workflow of Frame work Manager
- Designing a Project
- Working with Data Sources
- Designing and preparing Metadata Model
- Working With Packages
- About Ad-hoc Reports
- Reporting using Query Studio (List, Crosstab, Chart Reports & others)
- Working with Data ( Applying Filters, Prompts & Calculations, Sorting, Grouping &Sections ……)
New Features in Cognos 10
- Business Insight
- Business Insight Advanced
- Active Reports
Overview of Cognos 8 Components & comparison with cognos10
Introduction to Report Studio
- Type of Report Templates
- Creating List, Crosstab, Chart & Others Reports
- Introduction to Filters(creating, editing &removing filters)
- Parameters & Prompts (Definition, Creating prompt Page& Usage of Multiple prompts in Reports)
- Formatting Reports(Fonts, styles, Header &Footers …)
- Types of Prompts (Select& search ,Tree, generated prompt, Date, Time……)
Cognos 10 Advanced Reporting Topics
- Conditional Blocks – Need ,usage
- Conditional Formatting
- Complex Reports (Master Detailed, Drill Through reports)
- Introduction to Query Explorer (Building reports using queries, joins…)
- How to use HTML & JAVA scripts in Reports-Need ,Importance
- Many more Advanced Reports
- Import & Export XML Reports
- Open Reports from XML
- Creating , Editing Queries
- Workflow of how report runs in backend.
- How to create portal Pages
- About Analysis Studio
- Insert Data
- Explore Data
- Types of Reports
- Drill up & Drill down for Detail
- Introduction to Event Studio
- Discuss Event Studio window
- Events, Agents, Tasks.